Isle of Man News - POSTED Sun 25-03-2012

Lucky escape after bedroom fire

by Manx Radio

Lucky escape after bedroom fire

Householders are being reminded to check their electric blankets after a house fire in Castletown this morning (Sun)

It happened around 2am at a bungalow at School Hill Avenue, when a fire broke out in the bedroom of the property.

The house was heavily smoke logged by the time fire services arrived but fortunately the householder was uninjured and with a neighbour.

Two firemen using breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze which had been caused by an overheated electric blanket.

Members of the public are being reminded to regularly check blankets for signs of wear, scorch marks, exposed or creased elements and loose connections


Bringing You Isle of Man News and Sports Items


Send your press releases to: webmaster@manx.net
Got a news story: Contact Joanne Clague on 340000 or email newsdesk@manx.net
For MTTV news: contact Paul Moulton on 310000 or email news@manx.net