Douglas Borough Council is upgrading Shaw’s Brow and Bottleneck car parks with a new ticketless automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system that will be quicker and more convenient and reliable.
The new system will also offer more ways to pay; in addition to using cash and cards, customers will be able to pay using the Glide parking app on Android and IOS devices, or by setting up a credit account. (Pre-payment card holders will be able to transfer credit to the new system).
The new system at a glance:
• The system operates by recognising the user’s registration number, so customers will need to know their vehicle’s registration number to pay and exit the car park as well as to set up a credit account;
• As the vehicle approaches the entry barrier, the system captures an image of the registration number, the barrier lifts and the customer parks as usual;
• On returning, the customer uses one of the pay stations, keys in their vehicle registration number then pays the fee displayed using cash, debit or credit card or the Glide app;
• The customer returns to their vehicle, drives to the exit where the barrier will match the registration number against the payment made and lifts to allow the vehicle to exit;
• Tariffs are unchanged;
• All contract customers will be sent full instructions;
• Blue badge holders can apply to receive the additional free hour. Please bring your blue badge to the finance department in the town hall to register.
The council apologises for any inconvenience caused to customers during work to upgrade the car parks which will begin on Monday October 2.
The council hopes to minimise any disruption during the transition and asks for customers’ patience in the early weeks of the new system going live when personnel will be on hand to assist users with any problems.
For more information contact 696358 or visit http://tiny.cc/egcony.