A series of festive performances will take place in the reception area at Noble’s Hospital in the run up to Christmas.
A busy programme of events has been assembled aimed at providing some Christmas cheer in the foyer for patients, visitors and staff:
• Friday 15 December: St German Cathedral Handbell Ringers, midday to 1pm
• Monday 18 December: Government Staff Choir, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
• Tuesday 19 December: Tallis Consort, 12.40pm to 1.20pm
• Wednesday 20 December: Meadowside Choral Society, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
• Thursday 21 December: 4tissimo, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
• Friday 22 December: Harte’s Ease, 12.30pm to 1.30pm, before Santa and his sleigh, provided by Manx Carriage Driving 4 Disabled, arrive at the hospital entrance at 2pm
Prior to these events, a short service will be held on Friday 8 December in the hospital chapel, where St Thomas’ School choir will sing Christmas carols and acclaimed local singer Kristene Sutcliffe will also perform.
The chapel is also where the Bethlehem Peace Light – a continuously-burning flame originating from the scene of the Nativity symbolising peace, harmony and unity, regardless of race, ethnicity or religion – can be viewed from Saturday 23 December through to Sunday 31 December.
And the nativity tableau, recently restored with funding provided by the Henry Bloom Noble Healthcare Trust, will be on display in the main hospital corridor during the whole of December.
People are being invited to participate in a ‘Carols around the Wards’ event on Christmas Eve, and those wishing to take part are asked to gather in the hospital foyer at 5pm. Father Christmas and his elves will be joined by hospital staff and volunteers in singing carols and handing out gifts to patients, kindly donated by the League of Friends of Noble’s Hospital.
If you would like to offer a musical performance for future events, please contact Dawn Stanton, Front of House Manager, on 650720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.