St Michael's Chapel is a stone-built, Norse-Celtic chapel,
dedicated to St. Michael and dating from around the 12th
It is now roofless and consists of just four walls and a bell turret.
The chapel would have replaced a Celtic keeill which might go back to the beginnings of Christianity in the Isle of Man several centuries earlier.
There was a graveyard associated with the early keeill which contained some very early lintel graves.
The graveyard, of which no trace remains visible, was used until about 1870 for the burial of shipwrecked mariners and Roman Catholics.