Latitude 54° 25.1'N
Longitude 04° 21.8'W
Flashing White every 3 secs
Red tower, lower part white, on black base, 10 metres high
The main light at Point of Ayre was established in 1818, but some 70 years later it was found necessary to build an additional small light tower some 250 yards seaward from the main tower. Due to continuous gravel build-up, this tower moved a further 250ft seaward in 1951, and now stands out on the gravel bank. This light is referred to as the "Winkie".
Acknowledgement: Northern Lighthouse Board
OS Grid Ref: NX466050