Milner's Tower on Bradda Head was built in 1871 by public
subscription as a memorial to the benefactor of Port Erin, William
Milner, who did much to help the village fishermen and the
Milner was a famous safemaker from Liverpool and the unusual shape of the Tower represents a key and a lock.
The building is one of the most widely recognisable landmaks on the Isle of Man, and is visible for miles across Port Erin bay. On a clear day views from there stretch to the Mourne Mountains of Ireland.
The walk to Bradda Head is relatively short but steep, and entrance to the tower is available all year round.