Cringle plantation surrounds Cringle reservoir. It was
planted in 1958 and 1967 with Sitka Spruce, Japanese Larch and
Lodgepole Pine. It is a productive plantation and it had forest
roads created between 1985 and 1995. The whole area consists of 101
The reservoir was constructed between 1938 and 1946 and it has a capacity of 14,100 cubic metres. It is 245m at its longest point. The overflow from this reservoir flows down into Silverdale Glen and the Silverburn River.
[Source: Manx Glens - A stroll through history]
[Acknowledgement: Suzanne Cubbon]