Residents on the Isle of Man are being urged to make sure they have working smoke alarms in their properties.
It’s after a call for help on New Year’s Day after a kitchen fire in Andreas.
Firefighters were called to the property just before 2pm.
The occupants had managed to evacuate safely – the fire was caused by kitchen equipment being left on the hob.
The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says smoke alarms, when properly installed and maintained, play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries.