Glen Rushen plantation was first planted in 1957.
It contains 46 hectares, but alas the central area failed due to poor drainage making it difficult to establish a good root system.
In 1985 5 hectares were replanted.
The Larch on the Western edge was heavily thinned to provide understory grazing.
The main species growing are Sitka Spruce, Lodgepole Pine and Japanese Larch.
[Source: Manx Glens - A stroll through history]
[Acknowledgement: Suzanne Cubbon]