Cringle plantation surrounds the Cringle reservoir and was planted in 1958 and 1967
Cringle plantation surrounds Cringle reservoir. It was planted in 1958 and 1967 with Sitka Spruce, Japanese Larch and Lodgepole Pine. It is a productive plantation and it had forest roads created between 1985 and 1995. The whole area consists of 101 hectares.
The reservoir was constructed between 1938 and 1946 and it has a capacity of 14,100 cubic metres. It is 245m at its longest point. The overflow from this reservoir flows down into Silverdale Glen and the Silverburn River.
[Source: Manx Glens - A stroll through history]
[Acknowledgement: Suzanne Cubbon]