Injebreck plantation in the Isle of Man overlooks the Baldwin reservoir
Injebreck plantation is of high scenic value overlooking the Baldwin reservoir. Its main planting years were 1959, 1967, 1984 and 1990.
Injebreck consists of 29 hectare of mainly Sitka Spruce and Japanese Larch but in 1990, 1.7 hectares were restocked with Douglas Fir, Scots Pine, Hybrid Larch and a selection of mixed broadleaves on the lowest slope.
A mature crop of trees was felled on the Southern edge in 1995. Injebreck was once the site of very popular victorian pleasure grounds. The reservoir was created in 1905 by Douglas Corporation at a cost of £100,000 and it holds approx 300 million gallons of water.
[Source: Manx Glens - A stroll through history]
[Acknowledgement: Suzanne Cubbon]