Advertisement

Road safety campaign launched

by isleofman.com 8th August 2012

Add ?2,500 to your phone bill if you're caught using your mobile while driving.

That's the message from the Department of Infrastructure and the police as they aim to crack down on those breaking the law.

Calls should be ignored, diverted to answer phone or picked up only if you have a hands free kit.

And texting is also banned if you're behind the wheel.

Road Safety Manager at the DOI Gordon Edwards says last year 39 road accidents were caused because people were distracted by their phones.

He says there is never any excuse for using your mobile while in charge of a vehicle:

Clip 1
Posted by isleofman.com
Wednesday 8th, August 2012 07:39pm.

Popular Articles

Advertisement

You also might be interested in

Stephen Savage joins Quinn Legal’s Corporate and Commercial legal team.

Business

When the clocks sprung forward we lost another precious hour of sleep

Health & Wellness

The GFoGE guide to obstacle races & why should you do one.

Sports & Leisure

Why not take a "Wallaby" walk in the Curragh?

Nature & Wildlife

Hop-tu-Naa is an ancient festival celebrated on the Isle of Man

Visitor Guide

The Isle of Man hosts many traditional ceremonies throughout the year

Visitor Guide